“Never ‘try’ anything. Just do it.”
Andy Thompson has been personal training and coaching since he was 18. His passion for fitness began at a young age growing up with a competitive family/brothers and sisters. He excelled in freestyle in-line skating, gymnastics and track and field. He played all sports, from soccer and football to street hockey, motor cross and snowboarding.
Andy started as a personal trainer at Gold’s Gym while studying Martial Arts in between work and his regular gym workouts. He moved to Dallas and became assistant manager at a Kung-Fu Dojo in Dallas while going to school and graduating as an RMT at the Texas Massage Institute. Upon moving to Los Angeles in 2005, he continued to work as a Personal Trainer at Gold’s Gym Hollywood. During this time, Andy decided to train for the Navy SEAL’s and discovered CrossFit and its effectiveness. He realized he wanted to share this amazing fitness methodology with everyone that crossed his path. And BOOM! CrossFit Hollywood was born.
– USAW Level 1 Coach
– CrossFit Level 1 Certification
– IKSFA Level 1 Certification
– CrossFit Endurance Certification
– CrossFit Kids Certification
– CrossFit Olympic Lifting Certification
– CrossFit Football Certified
– CrossFit Nutrition Certification under Robb Wolf
– 2X CrossFit Gymnastics certification
– USA Gymnastic Safety Certified Instructor
– Cooper Institute Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
– NASM Certification
– Basic Barbell Certification and Instruction under Mark Rippetoe
– Charles Staley Strength and Olympic Lifting Certification
– Registered Massage Therapist through the Texas Massage Institute
– Jow Gau (equivalent to a 2nd degree black belt) in Northern Shoalin 7 Star Preying Mantis Kung Fu in which he continues to study under the instruction of Sifu/Master Jeff Hughes of the USA Kung Fu Academy in Austin, Texas.
YEARS AS A PERSONAL TRAINER:
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:
SPECIAL PROGRAMS OFFERED:
CrossFit Games/Coach Competitions
Running and Endurance